I've been debating about blog posting this since I'm sure I could keep it to myself and [somehow] make money off of it. Doesn't everyone have a couple inventions they're keeping secret until it more than likely someone else makes them? I know everyone and their grandma has a cure for hiccups but I'm telling you - this one works - every time. Google 'cure for hiccups' and there are 340,000 hits. You'll never need 339,999 of them ever again.
Robin's hiccup cure:
- take a long slow deep breath through your nose and don't let it out.
- while continuing to keep that deep breath in - try to take in more air
- when you think you're lungs are filled with air - take a tiny bit more.
- then suck in the tiniest bit more through your mouth - standing upright helps.
- then hold it in. for as long as possible.
- then when you want to exhale it all at once. don't.
- s l o w l y let the breath out.
- release the air in your lungs as slowly as you possibly can
- keep exhaling slowly - painfully slowly
- try to get every little last bit of air down out from the bottom of your lungs out through your mouth. - hunching over helps.
couldn't follow all that?
- breathe in slowly.
- breathe out slowly.
note: there is no actual patent pending on this idea. But I'm here to say I've known about this since at least 2006.