Up first: Tony
- We got this as a sample one day at Trader Joe's and since granola is a new favorite in our house. It goes perfect with yogurt in parfaits.
- Perfect chopping needs this perfect calphalon katana knife. This one was a wedding gift and is still awesome.
- We have an alive and kicking (well it's actually very sedentary) rosemary plant in a sunny windowsill and it is so good to cook with. Goes especially with sweet potato baked fries.
- Here in Virginia allergies have hit hard. Thank goodness Allegra went generic.
- This our second favorite cleaning product (the first? dyson hands down) and yes it's a mop. Pretty boring, but this mop is never gross or smelly. It has pads that you throw in the washing machine so they get nice and clean after every wash. We actually have an older version with no spray attachment. It was used a few days ago and we thought "we must blog about this" and so here we are.
- As always burts bees rocks. Always does, always will. Go (local) Durham.
- Angry birds is the best $1 either of us has ever spent on that much entertainment it provides.
- Pandora is the best $0 we've spent on that much free personalized (aka magic) music anywhere, anytime.
- Beards. Tony is a fan.
1. I've been drinking a lot of green tea lately. I love it in the afternoon with milk or sugar. I always drink it in my favorite mug (an IKEA mug here).
2. This organic wasp spray is the best! I love love love their products. I think I used my first product from them when I lived in an apartment with horrible roaches. Gross. This product though is safe around pets and babies; and let's be honest you too, since you're important. Since it's the start of spring I've noticed wasps outside around our back deck. Those suckers are going to be gone. A very good alternative to the typical onset of chemical warfare for bugs.
3. Our aerogarden. Yet again this is a winner. I highly recommend it if you love home grown herbs, plants, tomatoes or flowers and you think you can't garden. It's really not hard. Currently we're using it weird way. Read all about our notable aerogarden history here: one, two & three.
As you can see we took the basin out and are just using the lights on 'tomato' cycle to start seedlings in a recycled cardboard egg container. We got heirloom tomato seeds from my in-laws and cannot wait for these babies to grow!
4. If you're a girl you should read this book. It is hilarious. If you like funny things and you're a guy; read it too. The audiobook is especially funny since its' read by the author Mindy Kaling (aka kelly kapoor from the office) and I always love books read by their authors. I got this from the library.
5. I already did a review last month on Suave's Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit here. Personally I've loved the results and know I'll use it again in the future. I know many people have had bad experiences with this so read the directions carefully and be sure you fit the qualifications to use the kit. Me? I love my hair now; its so much nicer than the thick curly, wavy, straight mess it was before.
6. Jeni's splendid ice cream is the best ice cream I've ever had ever. Since I don't live in Ohio and I'm not able to shell out $10 each time I'm at Whole Foods to buy this amazing frozen treat, I got her book and make the stuff myself. We got an ice cream maker as a wedding gift and we put that random kitchen tool to good use! Her recipes are to die for. Very specific and unlike any other at home ice cream recipes you've tried. Her recipes for ice cream won't get ice-y in the freezer or taste very egg-y. They're super creamy and delicious. They do a mail order service too which makes an amazing gift for someone.
7. Lastly this new Trader Joe's product is great! Not sure what speculoos is but... Cookie butter is basically like this Biscoff Spread but cheaper, with a cuter label, and better name.