Sad day. We've had a dead pot cooking for some time now at our house. Bad joke.
We've been using a pot to cook with that is totally unfit for normal kitchen use. Bad us. Let's start at the beginning. Tony got this pot from Target years ago when he got his first apartment in North Carolina. A very apologetic roommate used a hand mixer in it to whip up some mashed potatoes. Thus ruining the Teflon coating in the pot. It was a nice pot to start with but we should have known it'd be no good after that incident.
Fast forward 2 (or more!) years and we're still using the pot. We're at home making Jeni's ice cream recently with a guest and I see tiny black specks in the milk. No not vanilla beans. Our pot's Teflon layer had been slowly disintegrating!!!
We're probably both poisoned, getting cancer and never having children due to this. Let's hope not but it's probably on the not healthy list of things to do. Eating Teflon coating reminds me of an article you'd probably see on Yahoo Shine (Ladies I know you read) listing the top common health traps in your home.