Things we love about Richmond:
- The river (even though we can't afford to go on any cool rafting trips now)
- Belle Isle
- All the local trails near our house
- Forest Hill Park
- The amazing farmers market near our house
- pretty great selection and quality of radio stations (hey that is important!)
- Nice weather
- Cool concerts - again can't afford to really go to many but we see that they're available
- Great restaurants - still can't really go to that many but the ones we have been to have been yum!
- our new CSA box co. (see week 1/intro here)
- Big local, sustainable & organic movement here
- Short commute to Tony's school - saves time & gas
- Great events throughout the city like festivals, food truck events, etc.
Beautiful lake at local park - Forest Hill Park. Fall was colorful!
Oh yeah it wasn't so great when Richmond got hit by a hurricane. Also we got an earthquake that same week. What a natural disaster crazyiness!
We love parts of our house. The rental is sorta great... at times. See why we love to hate our house here (also where we hate to love it).
Things we don't love about Richmond:
- It's not Raleigh/Durham
- the city is vvveerryy patchy
- sketchy neighborhoods are not fun
- Basically driving through either of VCU's campus is a downer
- No typical college campus for Tony; very urban, not great for students.
- Trader Joe's is too far away from our house! 25-30 minutes in no traffic
- (as with most cities) parking is expensive downtown
- worst traffic light timing. ev.er.
- Too many cops? Tony thinks Richmond has a higher than average amount of cops on the streets. I think it's just because we drive through downtown a lot. Is this bad...?